Wednesday 26 September 2018

i love Saint Etienne

I was already a Faith Over Reason and Field Mice fan (thanks, I think, to Mike Jones and Andy Dean) when I heard Saint Etienne's versions of 'Only Love Can Break Your Heart' and 'Kiss and Make Up'... it would have been in the Bear in Maidenhead, or maybe Skindles





Fox Base Alpha would have been played on the record counter when I worked university holidays in Boots, and I'm pretty sure I shoplifted the second album, on tape, from WHSmiths - it was in the sale section, so the tape was in the box, rather than behind the counter

then there was that Glastonbury in 1994 that Cath and Dave I went to - the one where the Manics said they should build a motorway through it:


there is just hit single after solid gold hit single, Hug My Soul, Pale Movie, Sylvie and the Bad Photographer!



ans then, more recently (I've got the Monkees Head soundtrack... ON TAPE!)


I think what i'm trying to say is - Saint Etienne singles are always amazing, and here's another one!

https://wiaiwya.bandcamp.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment