Sunday 22 July 2018

77 days is too long - Pete Astor


When I was thinking about who to ask for new seven inches to be a part of the seventh (and final) wiaiwya-7777777 singles club it occurred to me that the person I had consistently been a fan of for the longest was Pete Astor - I came to Lou Reed, Jonathan Richman, the Spice Girls, Scott Walker and Kraftwerk much later, and I may have liked the Smiths, Peter Gabriel, the Kids From Fame and Nik Kershaw before I heard Mayflower by the Weather Prophets, but I think we can agree they have all gone off the boil a little in the last 30 years. Pete Astor, on the other hand, is always great.



back at school Jim Little gave me a C90 tape, called Demented Folkies On Speed Extravaganza, and one side was the first Weather Prophets LP - all the songs seemed to be about rain, and I loved that... still do...


back in 2015, Pete and Dave Shepherd released a new Ellis Island Sound LP - if you don't have it yet, you should!


there was the Loft too:

 

and, of course, Pete wrote THIS:

No comments:

Post a Comment